Pandemonium erupted among Christmas shopping crowds on London’s Oxford Street on Friday (24 November) evening as armed officers raced to respond to reports of shots being fired.
Far From the capital’s epicentre of luxury boutique smash and grabs and moped-enabled muggings, no flashing blue lights or armed detectives attended Abib Hussein’s burgled business address for over 24 hours even though £200,000 in cash had been stolen.
Emilio Guerrero-Sepulveda was a bespectacled, smartly-dressed and well-groomed middle-aged man who looked more like a businessman than a globetrotting criminal who wreaked havoc at airport arrival lounges, hotel lobbies, West End luxury boutiques and several west London suburbs.
Scotland Yard has finally ruled out a terror motive after a car collided with pedestrians injuring 11 outside the Natural History Museum declaring it a road traffic collision. A statement read: “Police were called at 1421 hours on Saturday, 7 October to reports of a road traffic collision in Exhibition Road, South Kensington. Emergency Service attended the scene. “Whilst enquiries continue it is believed a car mounted the pavement and collided with a number of pedestrians. Eleven people were found at the scene with varying injuries and nine of them have been taken to hospital, and this includes the man that was detained by police. Their injuries are not believed to be life-threatening or life-changing. “The man detained by officers is currently under arrest and is in custody at a north London police station. The incident is a road traffic investigation and not a terrorist-related incident. Enquiries are ongoing.” Police had earlier said they were keeping an open mind after the incident, but created more confusion after contradicting an earlier comment that they were not treating the crash as terrorism-related. A …
Counter-terrorism detectives have arrested a 17-year-old in connection with a bomb attack on an underground train in southwest London last week that injured 30 people.
Counter-terrorism detectives arrested a second man over the bombing of a London Underground train on Friday (15 September) that injured 30 people and the security services lowered the threat level for an attack from its highest setting. The 21-year-old man was detained under Britain’s terrorism laws in the west London suburb of Hounslow just before midnight on Saturday, Scotland Yard said in a statement. Police had earlier arrested an 18-year-old male in the departure lounge of Dover port in what they called a “significant” step and raided a property in Sunbury-on-Thames, a town near London and about four miles (six km) from Hounslow. The home-made bomb shot flames through a packed carriage at Parsons Green Tube station in southwest London during the Friday morning rush hour but apparently failed to detonate fully. Islamic State claimed responsibility, as it has for other attacks in Britain this year, including two in London and one at a concert by American singer Ariana Grande in Manchester in May. Home Secretary Amber Rudd said on Sunday the second arrest showed …
Detectives investigating the terrorist attack at Parsons Green on Friday, 15 September have made an arrest in connection with the investigation.
Several people were injured at a southwest London underground station on Friday (15 September) after witnesses reported a blast on a packed rush-hour commuter train which police are treating as a terrorism incident.
Why You Won’t See Tonnes of Concrete Barriers at this year’s Notting Hill carnival as Police explore new forms of technology to track crime, prevent terrorism and keep Londoners including tourists safe.