Prince William has led the praise for the England national football team after losing 2—1 in the semi-final of the World Cup to Croatia.
Boris Johnson has resigned as Foreign Secretary on Monday (9 July) on a day of fast-moving developments in UK politics, following on the heels of former Brexit Secretary David Davis.
Thomas Markle had thrown carefully choreographed wedding plans into chaos blindsiding Kensington Palace, after telling Los Angeles-based celebrity news website TMZ that he did not want to embarrass his daughter or the royal family by attending royal wedding after paparazzi photos scandal.
Prince Harry and his fiancee Meghan Markle asked for “understanding” for the father of the American actress after the US celebrity news site TMZ reported on Monday (14 May) he would not attend the couple’s glittering wedding at Windsor Castle just four days before the ceremony on 19 May.
The Duchess of Cambridge, the wife of Prince William, gave birth to a boy at St Mary’s Hospital in west London on Monday [23 April], the third child for the royal couple. HOW IS THE BIRTH BEING CELEBRATED? Bells rang and guns were fired in London on Tuesday [24 April] in celebration of the birth of the royal family’s latest addition. The bells tolled at Westminister Abbey while the Honourable Artillery Company, a reserve regiment, fired a 62-round salute from the Tower of London and Hyde Park. The King’s Troop Royal Horse Artillery rode out from Wellington Barracks into Hyde Park for a 41-round salute. WHAT HAS KENSINGTON PALACE SAID? “Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge was safely delivered of a son at 1101hrs. “The baby weighs 8lbs 7oz [3.8 kg]. “The Duke of Cambridge was present for the birth. “Her Royal Highness and her child are both doing well. “The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh, The Prince of Wales, The Duchess of Cornwall, Prince Harry and members of both families have been informed …
The Duchess of Cambridge, the wife of Prince William has been admitted to St Mary’s hospital, Paddington to give birth to the couple’s third child.
Scotland Yard has finally ruled out a terror motive after a car collided with pedestrians injuring 11 outside the Natural History Museum declaring it a road traffic collision. A statement read: “Police were called at 1421 hours on Saturday, 7 October to reports of a road traffic collision in Exhibition Road, South Kensington. Emergency Service attended the scene. “Whilst enquiries continue it is believed a car mounted the pavement and collided with a number of pedestrians. Eleven people were found at the scene with varying injuries and nine of them have been taken to hospital, and this includes the man that was detained by police. Their injuries are not believed to be life-threatening or life-changing. “The man detained by officers is currently under arrest and is in custody at a north London police station. The incident is a road traffic investigation and not a terrorist-related incident. Enquiries are ongoing.” Police had earlier said they were keeping an open mind after the incident, but created more confusion after contradicting an earlier comment that they were not treating the crash as terrorism-related. A …
Counter-terrorism detectives have arrested a 17-year-old in connection with a bomb attack on an underground train in southwest London last week that injured 30 people.
Counter-terrorism detectives arrested a second man over the bombing of a London Underground train on Friday (15 September) that injured 30 people and the security services lowered the threat level for an attack from its highest setting. The 21-year-old man was detained under Britain’s terrorism laws in the west London suburb of Hounslow just before midnight on Saturday, Scotland Yard said in a statement. Police had earlier arrested an 18-year-old male in the departure lounge of Dover port in what they called a “significant” step and raided a property in Sunbury-on-Thames, a town near London and about four miles (six km) from Hounslow. The home-made bomb shot flames through a packed carriage at Parsons Green Tube station in southwest London during the Friday morning rush hour but apparently failed to detonate fully. Islamic State claimed responsibility, as it has for other attacks in Britain this year, including two in London and one at a concert by American singer Ariana Grande in Manchester in May. Home Secretary Amber Rudd said on Sunday the second arrest showed …
Several people were injured at a southwest London underground station on Friday (15 September) after witnesses reported a blast on a packed rush-hour commuter train which police are treating as a terrorism incident.