Year: 2015

prince george princess charlotte photo

Cambridges Reveal Charlotte & George First Christmas Portrait

Prince George and his sister Princess Charlotte have appeared in their first Christmas portrait together with their parents, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge at Kensington Palace. The Cambridges also announced the nursery Prince George will be attending. The new picture shows the family in the garden at Kensington Palace and was taken in late October by photographer Chris Jelf. Mr Jelf said: “I thoroughly enjoyed photographing a very lovely family, although you have to be sharp as you don’t have long when there are two young children involved! “I hope everyone enjoys this photo and I am honoured that the duke and duchess have decided to share it with the public.” Kensington Palace said that the royal couple were “very much looking forward to their first Christmas as a family of four” and “hugely appreciative of all the warm messages they have received about their family this year”. Two-year-old Prince George will go to the £33-a-day Westacre Montessori School Nursery in Norfolk from January. A nursery spokesman said: “We are looking forward to welcoming George to our nursery.” The …

Legal tussle: Kensington's Candy-stripe house has generated a lot of media interest and has now ended in court

Kensington Candy Stripes Home Repaint Ruling Set for 2016

A woman who painted her Kensington townhouse in candy stripes has to wait till next year to know if she will have to restore it back to its original colour after the council ordered her to do so. Zipporah Lisle-Mainwaring, 71, had been accused by neighbours in the affluent enclave in South End of trying to “get her own back” after failing to win planning permission for a mega basement construction. Her previous appeal for the redevelopment had been thrown out after the council brought in stringent rules for basement makeovers in the borough. Hammersmith Magistrates Court heard the red stripes had been painted on to the house on March 2 this year in “about five-and-a-half hours”. Giving evidence Ms Lisle-Mainwaring claimed the planning order forcing her to repaint the house was “a response by the council to a press campaign”. Andrew Parkinson, representing the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea, disagreed saying: ‘There is nothing at all to suggest that the press campaign played any part in the council’s actions.” He added: ‘The council would have …

£8m Kensington Road Has Most Expensive Homes in UK

For the second time in as many years Victoria Road in the heart of Kensington is England’s most expensive residential street. Filled with beautiful period properties, it has an average house price of £8,006,000 according to latest research from Lloyds Bank. Just a short stroll from Kensington Palace it is right bang in the area speculators and estate agents like to describe as ‘super-prime’ central London. it is £7.2m dearer than the average price of a house in Cardiff on sale for £793,000. Kensington and Chelsea dominate You will have to have very deep pockets to afford a property here as the pull of living in Kensington and Chelsea ensures 12 streets in the Royal Borough are in the list of the 20 most expensive in the country. These include Egerton Crescent with an average price of £7,550,000, followed by Manresa Road (£7,359,000), De Vere Gardens (£6,606,000), Drayton Gardens (£5,954,000) and Chelsea Manor Road (£5,523,000). Other Central London locations featuring prominently in the list of most expensive streets are in Westminster, including Eaton Square (£6,727,000), Chester …

Michael Winner and his girlfriend Geraldine

Geraldine Winner’s ‘Goodbyes’ in Knightsbridge Robbery Ordeal

LATE film director Michael Winner’s widow, Geraldine Winner has recounted how she said her ‘goodbyes’ during a 2-hour robbery ordeal at her £4m Knightsbridge flat on Saturday 10 October 2015. A Metropolitan Police spokesman confirmed the break-in and said there had been no arrests, adding: “Police were called to a flat in SW7 at about 2am on Saturday, October 10, to reports of an aggravated burglary at the property.” Mrs Winner, 77, is believed to have inherited around £20m after her husband died in 2013, downsizing from their palatial Holland Park home to the flat near the Household of Cavalry Barracks. The neighbourhood would normally be regarded as one of London’s safest, but Mrs Winner believes she was targeted by a sole female assailant. “I am supposed to be in the safest place in London. I cannot believe this has happened. The woman told me she was going to knife me, to kill me, in my head I was saying my goodbyes I thought I was going to die. “The woman came in through my …